1-to-1 Technology Program
Box Hill North Primary School was one of the first primary schools to adopt a 1-to-1 program and now we are heading into our sixth year running the program in 2015.
Students have access to their own school-managed device on a 24/7 basis to enhance and transform their learning. The devices have proven integral to allow students to illustrate their creativity, to research and produce works from their own interest areas and facilitate unprecedented differentiation and personalised teaching.
It has allowed teachers to provide work that is tailored to each student’s needs and supports their learning more effectively.
During the course of using the 1-to-1 technology, students:
- Learn how to be safe and ethical when using digital technologies
- Investigate and acquire information from and using online technologies
- Create a range of interactive digital products deigned to demonstrate their learning and convey ideas
- Communicate and share information with technology and online collaboration tools
- Become familiar with a variety of technological tools and equipment and resources
- Learn how to use the Microsoft Windows environment effectively to produce products and complete tasks
- Learn to use appropriate websites to research and find information for projects and areas of personal interest
- Continue learning beyond the school campus whilst they are at home, away sick or on holidays